You can't work in a shop like this unless you love linens - unless you are tactile and can't keep your hands off of them, you can't help taking a new swatch of aqua quilted velvet and seeing what it goes with immediately! These are all signs of a true "linenophile" and I am lucky enough to have six of them working with me at Lynnens. My newest employee has been here for over eight years, my longest employee has been with me for twenty-four years (lucky me!). We all love nothing more than to take a piece of your carpet, wallpaper, paint samples, curtain fabric and design the bed of your dreams. After pulling together the look of the outer bedding, we get to the fun and personal part - your sheets. We help you pick the quality of Egyptian cotton sheeting from Italy, then decide which embroidered or applique border works with your theme. The thread and fabric charts come out, and we match the colors to your samples. In 4-6 weeks, you have YOUR bespoke sheets! We do the same for your bathroom towels, and we have so many wonderful towels to choose from. Customizing can even reach to the ceramic waste baskets, tissue holders, and bathroom accessories. Then, of course, there are the tablecloths, napkins, placemats, cocktail napkins, guest towels - an endless amount of ways to make your linens truly custom and YOURS!
Of course, the shop is always stocked with bed, bath, and table linens for you to take home today, which is pretty wonderful too!
I am asked daily for top recommendations for the best sheets and towels, and the best way to care for fine linens - here are just a few of my favorites and a little inside scoop that I have shared with my customers over the years.
1. My top recommendation for sheets 2. My favorite Duvet and Pillows
3. THE cashmere blanket to have 4. A cotton blanket made in the USA
4. Pique boudoirs for a pop of color 5. Wonderfully soft and thirsty towels
6. I ALWAYS recommend using Le Blanc products when caring for fine linens. The Le Blanc line has been formulated to remove stains while ensuring the care of luxury linens. Fine linens can last for decades with proper care!!
7. There is no greater luxury in the world (in my opinion) than freshly washed and expertly pressed linens. I always send my customers to Crescent Cleaners in Stamford, CT. They will clean your first set of linens for free (one flat sheet, one fitted sheet, and one pair of pillowcases). They are the best, plus they offer free delivery to Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, New Canaan, Westport, and Wilton.
Success! Feel free to
or head to your